Back on Jan 22nd I introduced my home business of avocado growing. Well the darn thing still didn't sprout (right side of photo). I will try again (left side of photo). Stay tuned.
Poor avocado! I grew one before, then my obnoxious cats ate it when it got about 2 feet high . . .
If you start it in water, be sure to put the largest part down, stick three toothpicks spoke-like in the sides, and keep the water clean.
The preferred way of growing is to use soil. In which case, remove the slimy seed coat,slice off a thin slice from the top and bottom, and be sure to put the larger portion down in the soil. And they need TONS of light. Your south-facing window in your living room would be awesome!
See, it may not be the poor seeds fault :)
And, incidentally, I am not living on the AIR here literally - it's nearly killed me with its poor quality! Asthma and mold allergies - woo hoo!
Production must improve! (No. 1 rule in horticulture management.) Deny the little avacado seed a bonus until he starts to produce something, dammit!
ReplyDeletePoor avocado! I grew one before, then my obnoxious cats ate it when it got about 2 feet high . . .
ReplyDeleteIf you start it in water, be sure to put the largest part down, stick three toothpicks spoke-like in the sides, and keep the water clean.
The preferred way of growing is to use soil. In which case, remove the slimy seed coat,slice off a thin slice from the top and bottom, and be sure to put the larger portion down in the soil. And they need TONS of light. Your south-facing window in your living room would be awesome!
See, it may not be the poor seeds fault :)
And, incidentally, I am not living on the AIR here literally - it's nearly killed me with its poor quality! Asthma and mold allergies - woo hoo!