Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sun Pickles

While reading "A Way To Garden" I came across this refrigerator pickle recipe. I like pickles. Not so much the soggy grocery store kind that are mass produced by a huge corporation but the crunchy just made kind. So why not make some. Seems pretty easy. Just need a trip to the farmer's market for the cucumbers and some dill (since the dill in my garden mysteriously died a few weeks ago... hmmm).
.
The thought of all the little jars just made me quickly become bored with the idea. As I thought and sighed and paced the kitchen I noticed the sun tea jar up in the cupboard. (Insert light bulb pic here.) I haven't made sun tea in so many years I can't remember what it would even taste like. So it must now be a sun pickle jar. Minus the direct sunlight of course. But the sun is painted on the jar so it must remain a sun ____ jar.
.
Here it is: 1/2 gallon of refrigerator pickles souring on the counter.
(The sun is on the other side as not to hide the pickled goodness.)

Just remember: if I ever offer up some sun tea it may taste a bit pickley!

No comments:

Post a Comment