Thursday, January 21, 2010

A bit too friendly

Yesterday while crouching down along a river adjusting shutter speeds and exposure settings in an attempt to learn more about photographing flowing water and bright white snow I wasn't expecting a critter to try to get into my jacket pocket! Too bad for Mr. Squirrel I was out of snacks at the moment. Maybe next time I'll bring lunch.

After posting this I discovered that today was actually "Squirrel Appreciation Day" according to the National Wildlife Federation. Coincidence? Maybe THAT'S what Mr. Squirrel was trying to tell me!

2 comments:

  1. As a rehabilitator whos raised and released squirrels, I always worry that the friendly ones will be harmed by nervous people and hope there'll be some around to offer a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad he isn't yellow...! Had fun at lunch. Wish I wasn't always so distracted by the little guy.

    ReplyDelete