Wednesday, September 9, 2009

No cats? How about Fair Animals

Today is 9/9/09 - so here are 9 things:
.
1 - Is there any significance, really? It's just another day here at This is Eric's Blog. Some say the world will come to an end today. I better hurry up and post this just in case!
.
2 - Since cats are known to have 9 lives (and today being 9/9/09) it has been declared "A Day Without Cats Online." I wonder if it's only today or every 9/9 regardless of year.
.
3 - On this day in 1850 (NOT a 9/9/09) California became the 31st state.
.
4 - Update: I'm done wondering about #2 since I never post pics of cats anyway. Well except for the zoo pics and those are big cats.
.
5 - Today is the last repeating single digit date until 1/1/11. (Do not confuse it with 10/10/10... which I think I like a lot.)
.
6 - There used to be 9 planets in our solar system. Sorry Pluto.
.
7 - Two weeks until fall, or Autumn as some call it.
.
8 - I forget what eight was for.
.
9 - Here is a collage of State Fair Animals due to the no cats rule:


All State Fair pictures from the last three days were taken with an ever-more-portable Sony Cybershot P200 that fits in a pocket.

2 comments:

  1. I really loved #8.
    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  2. #5: Both my dad's and my husband's birthday! One turned 80 and the other turned 35. Guess who.

    ReplyDelete