Friday, September 4, 2009

The other Ford's place

As I was planning on posting this in the category "How do I not know about these things?" I wondered into the first garden and then remembered that I HAVE been there.
.
The Henry Ford Estate, or "Fair Lane". Sitting on the Rouge River this is a modest sized estate in comparison to what I've been visiting.



I once attended a wedding just beyond these garden gates.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, especially the first one.

    I was there not too long ago with the grands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you worked at JTE, you never went to the little restaurant that is in the pool room?...called "The Pool"?

    I ate there regularly.

    Also, have done wreath making classes here 3X and had my wedding pictures done here.

    Alas, it will be closed for restoration for several years...I think they say it will reopen in 2017.

    ReplyDelete