Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Paint my house

(BTW - "Pant my house" is a punch line to a joke... har har)

GREEN. Going to keep it green.
There's a lack of green houses in my hood.


Current
house
color:
Benjamin
Moore's
Kensington
Green (#710).



The block sitting on the window ledge is the actual color when the paint was new. I have a left over can of it in the basement from the previous owners who painted it this color. I'm not a big fan of Little Minty-Green Houses myself and I'm not sure which is uglier: the original shade or the faded shade.

The final three shades of green to choose from.
.
FINAL ANSWER!?
.
Just pick one all ready.

7 comments:

  1. I like the two bottom ones, if the colors are true on my screen. Which did you go with?
    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the muted ones better but keep in mind they're going to fade even further. I think the top one will calm down a bit and therefore you'll have it longer. just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would go with the bottom one, for the reasons Margaret mentioned. I think the top one is a little too olive-colored and will fade more to the yellow than green side.

    Margaret, I don't mean to contradict! We are smack dab in the midst of painting to sell, and I am inundated lately with palette talk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS You have good Blooog. Now, let me send you my foreign-language link! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kimberly, Eric had to eliminate the top one because of the prospective dominance of yellow. You both knew that! Are you acquaintances? You both have that same droll sense of humor! I am now going with the top of the bottom two because it has more blue in it: teal is a healing, calming color. I always wondered how they thought blog was pronounced if they're writing it with an extra o. Just sayin'! Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kimberly Strawska HackettMay 1, 2009 at 10:30 PM

    You're "Just Sayin'" was so well put! Thanks, Margaret. And, yes - Eric and I have been friends for years. Myst be 15 or more. We live in separate cities now, so the internet is our main source of entertainment, I mean communication! We email almost daily, keep up on each other's blog, and also get silly on Facebook sometimes.

    And I am with you on the teal. Gorgeous color. We are getting ready to sell and move. We painted our stairwell and upstairs hallway a light teal - a very Art Nouveau kind of color (house was built in the 30s). The best part of the color? the name . . . Midsummer's Dream!

    k

    ReplyDelete