Last night was a full moon and here in the Detroit area we had clear skies and cooler than usual weather. A fellowette Blogspot blogger MargaretPANpipes posted on Monday that we take a photo of it from wherever in the world we are. Here it is from a few miles north of Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A.

I never had good luck with photoing the moon before so first I hit Google to read up on camera settings. Found good info at TZPlanet.com. Seems that I was assuming that since it was night time I should expose for a nighttime scene. Come to find out that is untrue since the moon is actually very bright (so you should wear shades). Here it is with my Canon PowerShot G9. Not spectacular but the best I've done to date and pretty good for a point-and-shoot camera. Just wish I could zoom closer.
.
.
Update: Operation Moon Watch participants ranged from Australia, The UK, Louisiana, New Jersey, Ontario, Michigan (me), Missouri, California and Hawaii. Details at the moon seen round the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment