There was the first little house spider of spring in my home office last night. Way up in the corner above my desk. I feared I would either break the desk or fall to the floor while standing on it to reach the crawly invader and squishing it with a couple of kleenex. Eww. Funny that only spiders are put to death. All the other bugs I find in the house are escorted out the door and into the yard. Even if it's 10 below. So I suppose that's death too. Sad. It's tough to be a bug.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Happy Thoughts
Yesterday's spider post is still giving me the willies... and the sadness that someone commented on the fact that I may have killed her. Sad really. All good spiders go to heaven. The cold winter would have killed her anyway.
There was the first little house spider of spring in my home office last night. Way up in the corner above my desk. I feared I would either break the desk or fall to the floor while standing on it to reach the crawly invader and squishing it with a couple of kleenex. Eww. Funny that only spiders are put to death. All the other bugs I find in the house are escorted out the door and into the yard. Even if it's 10 below. So I suppose that's death too. Sad. It's tough to be a bug.
There was the first little house spider of spring in my home office last night. Way up in the corner above my desk. I feared I would either break the desk or fall to the floor while standing on it to reach the crawly invader and squishing it with a couple of kleenex. Eww. Funny that only spiders are put to death. All the other bugs I find in the house are escorted out the door and into the yard. Even if it's 10 below. So I suppose that's death too. Sad. It's tough to be a bug.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I could never kill a spider. They squish and I would barf.
ReplyDelete