Monday, April 6, 2009

Rose Colored Glasses

First of all: You would think I should post something about the NCAA Final Four at Ford Field in downtown Detroit tonight with Michigan State. But I'm not going to. Sorry to anyone who cares.
.
Also: I've been rambling about spring a lot (since I really hate winter and wonder why I live in Michigan) and I woke up today to about six inches of snow. I checked the calendar and yes it IS really April and the thoughts of spring weren't just a dream.
The real point of today is to consider what kind of glasses we look through. The lenses in our glasses are specific to our own life experiences. We all are effected differently by identical situations due to the lenses our lives have created for each of us. Should we try to better understand what we see through our own lenses or try to relate what we are experiencing to how others would perceive the same situation?

5 comments:

  1. That was very introspective, Eric. Thanks. I needed that on a day like today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, I dunno. I just know winter SUCKS ASS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY. Watch the language!! This is a family blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our vision is colored by our past experiences, our prejudices, our moods and our egos. It's a good idea to try to conceive another persons point of view but, in reality, our view appears first.

    ReplyDelete