Since I wasn't invited to any Tax Day Tea Parties I stayed home with my tea bags and started the veggie garden. Since the economic outlook of Detroit is not appearing to be getting any better I will have to survive on what I can grow. I started out with three bags of manure compost and half a bag of Espoma's Garden-tone for a natural organic gardening experience. Mmm! Well, until the bugs show up and then it's chemicals all the way!
.
But it is Michigan and it really could still snow again (ughh... but I doubt it) so only the "cool weather" crops were sown so far: spinach, mesclun (lettuces), cilantro, and a dill and a parsley plant. The pre-existing perennial herbs are doing good: chives, garlic chives, oregano, sage, tarragon, marjoram, lemon balm and lavender. Looks like the thyme has died (see Frozen in Thyme post). Not from being frozen but from me moving it twice all ready this spring. Sorry.
So, basically, thyme does not stand still.
ReplyDeleteI was a little confused when you mentioned surviving on what you have grown, then immediately followed it with three bags of manure . . .
ReplyDelete